Beyond the Great Lakes, few fish have ever seen a living, breathing goby. Ditto for largemouths in your local bass lake, your favorite smallmouth stream or even the nearest blue ribbon brown trout river. So how to explain the allure and all the predatory kill shots aimed at Z-Man’s new invasive-imitating Gobius swimbait … even where gobies don’t exist?
As with all superplastics composed from 10X Tough ElaZtech, the answer resides in the bait’s free-flowing action, natural buoyancy, and relentless ability to shake off violent strikes that mortally wound similar baits made from traditional plastics. Gumdrop-soft, lively, and yet relentlessly resilient, the Z-Man Gobius structure swimbait is available for action now at your favorite outdoor retailer.
“Cast a Z-Man Gobius in Lake Erie and inevitably, you’ll catch a pile of brown bass,” said Grae Buck, Z-Man pro, speaking from experience at lakes Erie and Ontario, where gobies have ballooned bass growth to freakish dimensions. “We all know smallmouths selectively target gobies in the Great Lakes. But the little secret is, Z-Man’s cool little bottom-hugging swimbait mimics so many other baitfish eagerly eaten by predators — mottled sculpins, darters, bullheads and even saltwater mud minnows. That makes the Gobius a total confidence bait, everywhere you cast it. But get past its fishy skin, gills, and fins and you also discover a super smart bait design camouflaging some pretty impressive mechanics.”
Z-Man Gobius (tech/specs):
- Pre-rigged structure swimbait with refined torso, gill plate, fin and tail anatomy
- 3-inch round goby profile in 3/8-, 1/2-, and 3/4-ounce weights
- Molded from 10X Tough ElaZtech — outlasts similar baits by orders of magnitude
- Specialized split dorsal fin brush guard protects hookpoint from hardcover
- Internal structure jig/harness deflects cover, crawls across bottom for exceptional snag resistance
- Rounded paddle tail wags subtly at any retrieve speed
- At rest, buoyant material produces enticing tail-up posture, suggestive of a feeding baitfish
- Custom 1/0 medium wire, black nickel sickle hook
- Eight hand-painted color patterns featuring biological body and eye detailing
- Bonus feature: Ultra-soft, compressible body opens hook gap for superior hookup success
Available at major outdoor retailers now, the 3-inch Z-Man Gobius is already igniting traditional smallmouth bass venues and well beyond — trophy largemouth bass, crappie, walleye, big trout, as well as an underrated inshore saltwater swimmer.
MSRP: $5.99 each
For more information, visit www.zmanfishing.com.