The Ike Foundation is hosting its 2023 Kayak Tournament on Saturday, Sept. 30, at Lake Nockamixon in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. This event is a fundraiser that supports the foundation’s mission to get more kids fishing and in the outdoors. Entry fees are donations that put rods, reels, and tackle into the hands of these kids and hopefully support what will become a lifelong love of fishing.
Kayak anglers will fish on the same body of water, launching from five optional locations and compete in one of Pennsylvania’s biggest kayak tournaments. The Ike Foundation is welcoming 16-year-old anglers with a fishing license in this year’s tournament. Owners of all kayak brands are welcome; paddle, kayak motors, and/or pedal power. The first-place winner will receive a loaded Hobie Passport and prizes will be awarded to the top five winners, including lunker, with cash prizes awarded to the second- and third-place finishers. Sponsored prize donors include Hobie, Pro-Guide Batteries, YakAttack, Flambeau, Power-Pole, Berkley, AFTCO, Tackle Warehouse, Rapala, and Bass University (actual prizes may differ from image.) The cap is 125 anglers, so please register here!
Upcoming 2023-2024 Ike Foundation Fundraising and Kids Events
The Ike Foundation gives a very special thanks go to the local South Jersey Walmart Market #165 stores for their donation to the Kids Tournament Trail events and future kids fishing events hosted by The Ike Foundation.
Ike’s Youth Tournament Trail – Saturday, Sept. 9
The Ike Foundation has created a tournament trail to include youth ranging in ages from 8-13 and 14-18 (must be in school) that haven’t been exposed to this type of fishing environment. Young anglers are welcome to sign up for one or all events, regardless of skill level.
- Anglers fish on a bass boat with a fully vetted boat captain volunteer
- Third event is at Newton Lake, Haddon Township, New Jersey
- Entry fee is $20
- Prizes will be awarded to the top five place winners including lunker and miscellaneous categories
- Details and registration can be found here: Youth Tournament Trail Registration
Ike’s Hook ’Em Early Kids Fishing Events – Fall (dates TBD)
- This is a fun-filled kids fishing tournament held at a local lake
- Prizes will be awarded to the winners
- Check theikefoundation.org and our social channels in the coming weeks for updates
6th Annual Scholarship Dinner – Friday, Jan. 26, 2024
- Adult-only event at The Grove at Centerton, Centerton, New Jersey
- Huge basket auction, 50/50 and now including a raffle for a Hobie kayak
- Back by popular demand … the Ice Cream Bar!
- All proceeds go to the Ike Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Purchase your tickets here!
For more information about The Ike Foundation and its programs and events, or to make a donation, go to https://theikefoundation.org/.